Last year I set a goal for this year of going on vacation to  the XP Ride at Bryce Canyon, and riding there and then going on to California and riding on some of the Tevis trails. Well this year is here.(already?) As with many marriages, my wife and I have compromised on our vacation goals and plans.. We are going on vacation to those areas, but we are flying there and renting a car, not dragging horses around for 3 1/2 weeks. I thought it was a great idea, but she thought it would be too much work. (Too much work Honey?  What are you talking about? We ride all day, groom the horses, then you cook us dinner, and clean the RV while I plan the next days ride.  What's not relaxing about that?). So I am going to volunteer one day at the XP ride, and then we will be wandering around Utah and Nevada for a few days... in a rental car.

Sometime around the 3rd,  4th and 5th of September we will be in the Lake Tahoe and Auburn area.  Here are my hopes for that time.... in order of preference.

#!1) Somebody  has a horse that needs some Tevis trail miles put on it, and would be glad to have somebody from Missouri ride it for them
#2) Some featherweight would like to see what their horse would do dragging a middleaged, middleweight-on-the-border-of-being-a-heavyweight up and down those mountains.
 #3) Somebody has a young horse that probably isn't too green to really hurt you.. and wants some miles put on it.
#4) Somebody has a horse and would be willing to let somebody else ride it for a reasonable fee... or even an unreasonable fee ..like gas money (That could be some serious cash)
#5) Somebody knows where there is a horse in a pasture that is not too closely watched, where the tack is (16 inch seat on the saddle please), and a trailer hooked up to a truck with the keys in it.... oh... and the number of a good bail bondsman...

Ok forget  #5:)

If you can help with any of the other choices, please email me paul@xxxxxxxxxxx
or call my cell phone (417) 818-0210

Thanks