Re: [RC] [RC] Parking out for mounting - Sharon Levasseur - Erick Larson

Beth said:  I was told that parking out creates an enormous strain on the spine and that knowledgeable TWH breeders are trying to inform the public of the long-term deleterious effects that are created by this practice.

As I sit here here in the “mecca” of TWH land just days before “The Celebration” begins I am pleasantly surprised to hear about a TWH breeder concerned about the welfare of their breed.  My horse, Memphis, a half Arab half TWH used to park out when I first purchased him as a 3 year old.  I didn’t have any use for that little trick so I have never attempted to duplicate it again.  Now I am glad!

BTW, while trotting by a major breeding farm today I saw many trailers “parked out”.  Here for the show I’m sure.  I just have good laugh every time a local redneck exclaims how I “override” that there horse.  Yet they never even bother to wonder what that caustic chemical smell coming from the farrier truck is.

Sure glad I fell into endurance instead of the show ring.

-E-