[RC] WEG goverment supported teams questions - Jonni

I know some countries support their teams financially, as to our USA equestrians who kind of do their own thing as the qualify up the ranks, then get a bit of support from USET or goodness, what ever the National governing body is these days for equestrian sports as they qualify for international competitions. I know some of the competitors end up getting sponsors etc. to help them compete.

My question is, can someone maybe explain how some of the other countries handle their international equestrian programs? I understand some riders are actually "paid", and it is their job, or employment. And some countries seem to be the "owners" of the horses. And example is the Bahrain horses listed owner is:
Royal endurance team of Bahrain.

I'm just curious about the differences that there might be between how endurance is viewed as more of an amateur sport here, that anyone with a really nice horse, and the money to compete can get to international levels, and other countries that support it like a Pro sports team.

Jonni in TX