[RC] easyboot alternative - The Leberts

This is particularly for Karen C but anyone who uses boots I'd like to hear from. I have to use old style Easyboots for CTR and the last ride the heel strap cut into my horses heel bulb. He has a bruise which doesn't seem to bother him much but I have another CTR in 4 weeks and I'm looking for ideas. I love the Bares and prefer them but the CTR rules are very limiting.
Kaaren