[RC] OT: all you AOL people - John Teeter

I give up. I'm going to have to unsubscribe all the AOL addresses from ridecamp
and ridecamp digest - I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but AOL is totally (and
I do mean totally) beyond in their policy re: blocking external domains.

I will do this mass un-subscribe late tonight. it will take effect b/f I head
out in the morning. There are @550 of you who will be affected. Sadly, if you
come from aol, neither steph nor I will be able to answer your email from the
endurance.net domain.

They tell me that in 24 hours the block will be removed and that at any time,
if some one of their aolBoundeMailSlaveISPcustomers clicks a "this is spam"
button for a ridecamp post it will be blocked again for 24 hours.

In the mean-time there are a few thousand pieces of email sitting on my server
re-trying their mindless 5 times for 3 hours before they bounce back to
ridecamp-owners email address.

AOL should be drained of paying customers until it folds in on it's own under
funded pension plan.

This (the normal conspiracy theory) is the path that the mega email hubs are
taking us down - the balkanization of the net may not be far behind. pretty
soon, yahoo, msn, aol, earthlink, and google will only accept mail from each
other (or one of their clients domains which they serve) -- just TOTALLY bogus
-- support you local ISPs dump the big comm companies - do wireless (free) mesh
networks .... sigh

(p.s. all you aol people will not get this mail - if you have a friend on aol,
let them know what's happening ... but then again, friends don't let friends do
aol ...)

jt.