[RC] OK now I have to brag........sort of. - June Scheunemann & Mike Bernsdorf

All this talk of bloodlines and what makes a good horse just made me want to brag alittle.  We own Ty Trax, a beautiful Arabian stallion who in 2004  did 800 miles was Midwest champion and 4th in Jim Jones.  He is of Bask bloodlines top and bottom but, he is not the "swan, 16 hand stuff " that the show ring seems to want to see.  So Last month just for sh_ts and giggles we decided to support one of our boarders at the show her group was sponsoring...we bathed and clipped and got the old boy all spiffy!!!  Took him in the halter class...ok now there were only 2 other stallions but, they were both horses that had been shown numerous  one numerous times...Tyler has never been to a halter show that we are aware of...anyhow, the other 2 were stretched and arched and very very naughty (rearing and talking)  Well, Tyler just pranced proudly...chest out...NOT once calling and only stretching within a normal stance...not this "swan neck thingy"....I was so proud and didn't care what happened....well, he took 1st place!!!!!!  The stallion that took second ....was a top ten at Scottsdale last year.  I asked the judge after the class how she ranked them...her response....she loved the silver stallion as he looked so athletic!!!!!  Looked like he could go out and do just about anything asked of him...he was balanced and just put together so nice...not the tall slim built style.  Then she asked why I was so interested....I told her Tyler's background and his age ...18!!!!!!  She could NOT believe the age figured him for 10 or under but, the athletic part didn't surprise her one bit.

So where is all this leading to??  Tyler is only 14'2....but, has awesome bone and a great foot.  He is compact and very well balanced.and a gorgeous head ....it just made me feel that there are still folk there that appreciate the older style Arabian....not the long legged thin boned delicate looking swan necky type....Ty  has the old lines, Witraz, Ofir, Comet Serafix, Skowronek, Mesoud in his pedigree.  So when I look at any horse I first look at them.....not their bloodlines but, how they are put together and what I find is that most come back to most of the same names...Witraz, Ofir ,Comet and of course Skowronek.

Just my thoughts and alittle bragging!

June and Tyler

Equine Enterprises
June Scheunemann