[RC] Breeding endurance horses - Shagyaarabs

Katherine,

Your posts have been very informative and I am enjoying them.  I am playing the devils advocate here and asking the list: Are we as American breeders and endurance riders ready to give up registering our horses in order to breed endurance horses that are competitive on an international level?  The French use horses and blend them and have a horse we would call unregisterable as they have horses in their pedigree that don't fit the 1/2 Arab definition or the ASAV definition of !/2 Shagya or Morab etc.  Not sure how the walking horse defines their groups to register.  Hope I am making this question clear.

The endurance breeders in Europe cross and blend the diffeerent breeds of horses.  If the American breeders would do this maybe the horses could be called  domestic bred and we could set up a registry to keep track of the lineage of the offspring.         .

Daunna Sellers
www.shagya-arabs.com
I cannot change the direction of the wind but I can trim my sails!!!