RE: [RC] Apology! re: I call it "Equizac".... - Tracey Lomax

Title: Message
I'm not clinicially depressed, but live with a man who is.   A friend of ours and clinical psychologist has him on a high-carb, high omega-rich diet, with nutritional supplements which boost his adrenals, and it's made a world of difference to Roderick's ability to get out of bed in the morning and to function like a "normal" human being.

I am NOT suggesting this as an alternative to drugs in appropriate cases, just thought I'd throw it out for discussion if anyone's interested, because in Rod's case, anti-depressants did not work.  According to Mark (the shrink), they work on seratonin levels when in many cases of depression it's under-functioning adrenals which cause the depression (not something you can easily pick up in bloods).

Tracey