Re: [RC] Arabian Definition - Chris Paus

Do they EVER gush about their horse's great bone, or good rear engine, or well sprung ribs, LOL... not! It seems that the part of the horse you actually ride isn't important!

chris

rdcarrie@xxxxxxx wrote:
Boy, you've opened up I stop in and read posts on an AOL Arabian board now and then.  When the people on that board are announcing their new foals, they gush about "teacup muzzles," "tippy little ears," "long snaky necks," and "dishy faces."  Funny, but none of that has anything to do with performance.  I'd be more interested in whether the foal had a short back, laid back shoulder, nice straight legs, and a deep hip.

Give me my rather average-looking horses any day...they'll get me down the trail and up a mountain.  Most of those magazine creatures would be hard put to do much of anything and stay sound.

Dawn in East Texas