[RC] Training program - Nancy W. Woodward

Well,

I think I'm ready to move up. I've laid a base of three years of LSD to strengthen the tendons and ligaments. Amant (8yo Arabian)and I have completed a few LD's and two 50's in our first two seasons out there. I by choice have been middle of the road with the LD placings and almost dead last with the 50's.
I would like to aim towards middle of the pack times for next years 50's. I need to figure out a training plan to get me there.
Currently he gets ridden three times a week, below is the schedule and any notes or changes to improve his performance would be appreciated.

1) Endurance and Power
He gets a 20 mile ride at about a 7mph pace over fairly flat terrain every other week. The other two weeks he gets about 4 - 6 miles of steep hill work. (OD terrain)
2) Stamina
He does an hour and a half of interval training using trot and canter sets w walking in between to rest HR over lightly rolling terrain. ( I plan to slowly increase sets and intensity throughout the coming year.)
3) Coordination and Manners
He gets ring work, either an hour of dressage or light work over cavalleti mixed w flat work.

Thanks,
Nancy