From: jazena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 12:35 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Switching from green grass to hay before a ride

I've been feeding Bermuda grass hay free choice, and a flake of alfalfa daily to my horses.  Recently my vet said Bermuda grass hay has fallen out of favor with the vets at the Murrieta Equine Clinic as they have seen too many impactions from it.  He suggested Timothy and Orchard grass hays as an alternative to Bermuda grass.  I couldn't find Orchard grass so I bought two bales of Timothy Hay at $22.00 PER bale.  This is in So. Calif. (Riverside County) Is there a cheaper source of Timothy or does anyone know of a source of Orchard Grass?
From Linda-k
Have a horse lovin' day!!!