Re: [RC] well it was inevitable - DVeritas

I'd caution this...don't ride too soon.

Allow the injuries to heal...physical and emotional.

I rode too soon after breaking a leg and shattering an ankle (on another horse)...

I, then, fractured my pelvis...nine steel plates the size of silver dollars are now my constant companions.

I discovered (shame on me) that there are things MORE IMPORTANT THAN RIDING...walking oneself to the bathroom, walking outside and feeding the horses and seeing the hoarfrost covering the hairy horse bodies during winter, walking outside and watching the golden retriever busting through the brush as the first, heavy white snowflakes fall onto his hairy golden red self...

Now that I'm older, I'd like to get older.

Frank