RE: [RC] [RC] Another question...(rider drugs) - Tracey Lomax

This year has been a pearler for me, injury-wise.  I have dislocated both collar-bones, broken my ankle and fractured a rib, all in completely different incidents.  The one dislocated collarbone occurred two days before a one-day event, and while I was still nursing the fractured rib.

I bound myself up with vet wrap and dosed up on drugs.  Lots and lots of drugs.  Four myprodol before the dressage test, another four before the country.  I was still numb for the showjumping.

Ironically, the hardest of the phases was the dressage because sitting to Barney’s BIIIIG “I’m at a show and everyone is watching” canter, with a fractured rib, and trying to keep an even contact on both reins with a dislocated collar bone is NOT fun.  The country and the showjumping I could do in light seat and one-handed.

So I’m all in favour of rider drugs.

Lots of them.

Tracey