[RC] Horses wanting to do difficult tasks. - Marv Walker

>>I'm not sure what your saying here.  Your saying that horses have a choice to be ridden or not to be ridden by there size, strength & speed?
I think that s exactly what Kat is saying.  This is a discussion we had recently on another horse training list (of which Kat is also a member) and I think she makes a persuasive argument.  I own a horse who certainly lends credence to her argument.
I am uncomfortable with the argument she makes but honest enough to admit that that discomfort might stem from not wanting to believe her, rather than from having any argument to counter hers.  I m still thinking about it.

What I *will* confirm is that NO horse jumps unless it wants to.

I think no horse jumps unless it is WILLING.  In our work
with problem horses we come across horses all the time that
jump even while screaming they don't want to by running
out, locking up and any number of other evasive behaviors.

While there are some horses who will engage in a ridden
activity without a rider they are a very small percentage.
Most horses will ignore the jumps when turned out with
them.

If you have the ability to convince the horse that you are
leader capable they will allow you to lead them into some
pretty harrowing situations.

Marv "Horses love unemployment benefits." Walker
Horse Info & Training Videos ~ http://MarvWalker.com