Re: [RC] shoe-y - Renie M burnett

I slip and slide all the time, so, I stay on my horse, mostly.  Seriously, yeah, that granite is slippery, especially the boulders in the creeks.  However, the shark's teeth rocks (they stick out of the ground and are like the tips of icebergs; you know they go on forever underground) sort of hold everything in place.  Also, there is often decomposed granite around the rocks which gives some traction.  Brandy Creek at Whiskeytown got over 80 inches of rain this year.  renie

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 13:11:34 -0500 "Sky Ranch" <skyranch@xxxxxxxx> writes
 How do you keep from sliding all over the place when it's wet?

Carla Richardson
Colorado