[RC] BH - larry Miller

Before one attempts a ride whether 25 up to a 100, one MUST do the homework of conditioning.  The bottom line is this, the rider is ultimately responsible for his/her horse.  After all, the rider is with the horse all the time, the vet only sees the horse at vet checks.  Whatever mileage is done, whatever the conditions are, the trail and weather make the challenge.  Heat and humidity always make a 15 mile loop seem like 20, if it is cooler out, the 15 mile loop seems like 10.  Congrats to those who finished.  Congrats to those who tried.  I hope this ride sticks around for years to come.  RMs are hard to come by, it is far easier to ride a ride then it is to put one on.  I will say it again.  Before one complains, go put on a ride, especially a 100, and discover who your friends are and all the problems that arise from putting on a ride.  Jeanie