RE: [RC] Static electricity - Rae Callaway

Title: Static electricity

Does it work for getting out of the car too?  Every day the temperatures are in the 50’s or below, I get out of my truck and get shocked by the very next thing I touch, whether it’s the door, window, tires or the gate.  I’ve taken to swiping my Mom’s car (leather seats)!

Rae

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kathleen
Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2006 7:45 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Static electricity

You can discharge yourself before working the horse by dampening your hands and slipping them through your hair and over your clothes.  You don’t have to get wet; just damp.  The water will absorb the excess electrons so you won’t have a charge to build up.  If the horse is charged do the same with their mane/tail/over some of their body so you will both be discharged before working.

This works if your skirt is sticking to your legs at work too J

Kathleen

Endurance rider who teaches chemistry when not riding…hahaha