Do you pay a farrier to be there in case of need? A fee to show up? I always did, and then the rider paid for whatever services were rendered. It was optional of course to have a farrier since EBs and other hoof protection can be carried, and it enhanced the "services" the ride offered--and I feel the vendor presence did the same thing.

YMMV of course,
Lynne

On Jan 19, 2006, at 10:00 AM, Barbara McCrary wrote:

We've had vendors in the past and we charged them $75 for a high- profile location at our ride. I did this because another ride in our area did it and I just followed their policy. I'm trying to understand why charging a vendor fee is not an acceptable idea. At the AERC convention, vendors have to pay a fair sum for the opportunity to sell their products, so why is it so onerous to charge a small sum for that opportunity at a ride? Maybe $100 is a bit steep, but I never had any vendor complain about paying $75 nor refuse to come because of it. Someone please educate me.

Barbara

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lynne Glazer" <anyone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <SandyDSA@xxxxxxx>
Cc: "RIDECAMP ((E-mail))" <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2006 9:39 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] Just For Horsin' Around

Sandy, with that, I'm replying to the group.

Sometimes it is the VENUE which requires the vendor fee. ****Not at all about ride management**** You have no idea how much tougher it is to put on events at public AND private facilities now.

For instance, the last 3 years of Norco the park demanded a fee per vendor! We did "stealth vending", keeping it very low key, and no fees were collected. I might have "eaten" the fee one year, just can't recall.

Lynne