[RC] thoughts on 100s, loop trails - Ed Kilpatrick

i have only done one 100 miler.   i dont mind loop trails at all.  as long as i get to ride, i am having fun.  knowing how far you have gone, reaching the halfway point, etc, that is just another part of the mental aspect of preparing for a 100.
most of us probably do repititions on trails when we train, so to me, it just isnt a big deal.  i usually train on the same 8 and 10 mile trails.  i could ride them all day.  i just always feel like i am accomplishing something when i am out there working with my horse.  i dont really think it matters that much to the horse either.    so dont let that be an excuse.
many have already said it, but i will chime in.  get your horse ready, get out there and do it.   you will be glad you did.          cowboy ed