[RC] - Summer

Hello,
My name is Anita and I am new to ridecamp and to endurance rides.  I have been reading these pages for a few weeks now and have started training my five year old Arabian beginning six months ago.  I have nothing really to contribute but am happy to read the posts as I find them quite informative.  My lifetime goal is to ride a 100, but I'll be happy to complete my first 25.  It's funny though that 25 miles doesn't seem that far to me since I've walked 60 miles in the Avon 3 Day Breast Cancer walks.  It just doesn't seem that far.  But my gelding and I will start slowly.  We live in North Central Texas and need to find a group in this area.

Any advice for a newbie is warmly welcome.  I look forward to more interesting posts here.
Anita

Yahoo! Photos