[RC] Safety re: Biothane headstalls and tack - Dana

Coming out of the shadows here...  I like biothane/Zilco for the ease of keeping, but I always choose leather for safety reasons... if my horse ever dumps me and takes off, at least he has a better chance of survival  if he has leather on.

The leather bridle will snap if he gets caught on something, vs. indestructible biothane that will just keep him standing there forever... the leather reins will break if he steps on them, vs. the biothane that will break his jaw before they would break... and at least one leather off billet (western saddle) that will break and allow the saddle to fall off if he should get caught up in something. Biothane/Zilco just won't break, which is part of it's appeal, but also it's downfall.

Back to lurking -- Dana

Dana Humphrey @  OnSite Transport

(936) 715-0715      (936) 715-9770 fax