[RC] Skin problem - RideKinder

I have a 9 yr. old bay Arab gelding that has developed white spots under tail between back legs really bad....on face...chest...they are as big as an eraser of a pencil...but getting larger..no white hairs...the skin is WHITE...starts out chestnut color...then goes white...He is out 24/7 and there is shade for him...he wears a fly sheet /UV protector..even up his neck...so it's not from the sun..the places that are getting white are not were the sun could hit him anyway under his tail and back legs...he seems fine in all other ways....My husband is a Vet and has no clue...we both have never seen this before..I am going to a friend Vet this morning.....I have an Appaloosa /Arab now...REALLY
Any thoughts ????????
Help Susan DVM
Lyn O.Owen
S.C.