Re: [RC] [Endurance Riding: News] USA: Tevis horse plunges ... - Jeanne Slominski

Wow, does this bring back memories. In April of '87, my Morgan, Wintergreen Justice, and I were doing the American River 50. We were about 29 miles into the ride just trotting along, shortly before the lunch stop, when the next thing I knew we were in the air, off a cliff. To this day, I have no idea how it happened. I was found 40-60' down. Spent five days in UC Davis. No broken bones. Justice was found dead, at the bottom of the cliff, 1000-1200' ?, in the bushes on Monday.

Nicole, you have my deepest sympathies.