Re: [RC] Barbaro - Sisu West Ranch

"...Your paragraph about how amazing it is that any survive the training is sort of contradictory to your paragraph right ahead of it that states that those who don't get the time and LSD to build bone don't become the parents...."

Sorry for my unclear paragraph.  It was my intention to express the thought that no (with the possible exception of some who follow TI's reccomendations) TB actually gets anywhere near the amount of LSD (either voluntary or under saddle) that would be required to build sturdy bones joints etc.

As far as cleaning the gene pool, those who break down catastrophically and are put down certainly do not breed on.  This was the group I was thinking of.  I'm sure that there is a much larger group that is still used for breeding.  Reminds me of a QH owner I knew who was breeding his mare because she was unrideable because of Navicular.

It really is a minor point, the most important thing is racing very young, secondarily a confined living style that prevents bone building exercise, with a bunch of stuff contributing.

Ed

Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875