[RC] preriding Tevis - sherman

My daughter, Tara, & I tried to do a night ride tonight….only got about 1.5 miles when a bear wouldn’t move off the trail. After a brief standoff, it looked as though it was moving our way, so we turned around and headed back to the Overlook. I recall a post on ridecamp about 3 or 4 weeks ago about a rider that couldn’t get past a bear on the trail somewhere between Cool & Auburn. This one was ½ mile below Robie Pt. There was someone barbecueing on the hill somewhere, maybe the bear was hoping for a doggie bag? ?Anyway, now I’m leery about attemping a night ride again. Our last day ride was made memorable by what sounded like a huge rattlesnake (does LOUD equal BIG?) on our way to Cal 2.? We couldn’t see it as it was hidden in the brush on the hillside, but luckily it was not on a singletrack cliff trail, so we had room to pass safely. It sounded like a BIG Rainbird sprinkler.

Kathy

Grass Valley, CA