[RC] wind puffs & fill - Marcia Nelson

I’d like to hear input about wind puffs and what causes them and if they are a significant problem for endurance riding’ also about fill in the legs and not just about wind puffs. We have a mule that has had a significant amount of fill in her legs after a long ride and then after standing overnight. She had two actual wind puffs today. It goes away with riding, then returns when she stands. Is there a problem with going ahead with a novice speed 22 mile ride this week end? I’d love to hear from some veterans in the sport.

Thanks, mnhorsin