Re: [RC] TWH and heart rate - SturmRanch

Hi Maryann,

My TWH is small, 14.3 and 900 lbs or so.  I'm not sure if that would make his response to training different from that of a larger horse.

When I bought him he had a RHR of 48.  He had excellent recoveries from the very first ride, but if I compared his HR to that of the Arabs I condition with, his high end would be a little higher.

After a year of doing the same conditioning as my friends are doing with the Arabs, Hunter has a RHR of 34.  His recoveries are still great and he isn't getting as high on steep ascents as he used to (200 being high).

He's coming in from training rides at home pulsed down, but at rides, he gets pretty amped and has been a little slow to pulse down.  We're doing another LD Saturday, we'll see how he does.

Nancy