[RC] setting records - rides2far

This reminds me of the Riddle of the Spinx.....What walks on 4 legs,
2 legs and 3 legs?  Humankind    ts

Alright, you guys are trying ot make me nervous. It's just that I HATE
asking anyone to help do hay because you have to see them desperately
scrambling for an excuse that's obviously made up. The only way to get
helpers on a farm is to birth them...and both my girls are good workers
but my hay man refuses to call me when he *cuts*. He calls when he's
ready to bale so there's no warning for them to get off work. We took a
teenage male boyfriend two different times. They were fairly useless.
They just didn't know *how* to knee that bale up there so the girls had
to do *less* so as not to embarass their egos. Once they get married I
will *teach* the husbands and they're indentured servants!

According to Danny Herlong there is no better laborer in the world than a
wino. He said a high school football player worked good for just a little
while then they get really tired (too muscle bound) but a wino will work
hard till you pay him and then disappear. I guess I just need to find out
where the winos hang out. According to my inner city students, they claim
crack-heads will rake your yard with a fork for a dollar, but they always
come knocking on your door at 3 AM wanting the work. :-P I've honestly
never had to *pay* for a hay worker. That sure would up the price of the
hay fast.

So, I'm dead serious here. How do you know when to stop? Is a person's
back able to do a certain amount of work for years and then just *pop*
doing something you've already been doing with no consequences?  If I had
help I'd have been doing the same thing, just fewer repetitions. My
butt's as sore as anything from carrying every bale up to the top of the
stack instead of handing it off to the stacker.( I'm lucky I have a pole
barn so hay is stacked at ground level. You couldn't *give* me a loft!) I
feel like the most dangerous move is the twisting/lifting when you pivot
and push a bale up over your head. I try to face straight on and knee it
up when I can, but there's always that moment when you're trying to sling
them off the top of the trailer and get and get them to roll as far as
possible towards the stack.

P.S. The bales were pretty light this year. The sort of thing you usually
resent but I wasn't complaining.

P.P.S. Greatest thing about Coastal. I wore no sleeves and there's not a
scratch on my lower arms.

Angie