Re: [RC] SmartPak Supplements - Cynthia Eliason

On Monday 10 July 2006 4:14 pm, Dawn Simas wrote:
Are these really affordable?  Their advertising states that they are priced
competitively because they buy the name brand supplements that I'm already
using in bulk and so I can get them from them individually packaged in
daily Smart Paks and shipped regularly to my house for a competitive
price...

  I'm using them.  You can compare the cost easily because each product's web
page shows how many days of product you'd get if you bought in bulk.  For
example: http://www.smartpakequine.com/ProductClass.aspx?productclassid=1263

bioFlax, 28 days supply in smartpaks is 12.95, or .4625 cents per day.  In a 5
pound bucket that lasts 80 days it costs .4498 per day .  (that is, if you
buy it from them...)    A teeny bit more cost for a lot of convenience,
depending how many supplements you use.

 I think the biggest reason to use them would be if you have a lot of horses
all on different supplements- a boarding stable, for example, would save a
lot of labor time if all boarders got their supplements in smartpaks.

 I only have two horses, both on the same supplements, and I use the
smartpaks because my mornings are so busy that it's just easier.  It probably
saves me a minute or so a day, if that...  but anything that helps me get the
morning chores done with the least hassle is worth it.

 With autoship, they ship every 28 days, and they send an email reminder in
plenty of time in case you want to change your order.  If you buy other
supplies and gear from them, and have it shipped at the same time, there's no
added shipping charges.  Also, with your first order you get a nifty plastic
stacking drawer for each horse, with room for the smartpaks and room to spare
- I store paste wormers in the back of the drawer.

 I've been real happy with the service.

Cindy Eliason