[RC] Beet pulp fed dry - sherman

I generally add water to my shredded beet pulp, but I don’t “soak” it other than the time it takes to get to the different pastures. But my “used to be a hard keeper until we did the Panacur purge” mare would get tired of eating it wet (when I was trying to fatten her up) but she’d be willing to eat another pan of it dry throughout the day. She’s a slow eater and likes to nibble, so maybe that’s a factor in being able to feed it dry. I’ve never fed pellets, always shredded. Often, when I go out to the barn and all the horses start nickering for a treat (they always have a pile of hay), I’ll just give them another small scoop of dry beet pulp. I’ve been doing this for three years without any problems. On the other hand, my neighbor fed a pile of hay to her horse and he choked.

Kathy