[RC] Vermont 100/Moonlight in Vt 50 - Greenall

Vermont 100 prayers have been answered...it hasn't rained here for 7 straight days, a first since the rains started in May.? The field and trails are drying out amazingly well, although the muddy spots are sure to still be there on race day.? This is always an exciting time in Vermont as a quiet?background field is transformed into a "circus" atmosphere with the big tent, 250 runners and 80 horses camping.? Locals are alerted by the appearance of hundreds of yellow plates that mark the trail which covers eight towns.? I have been involved with this event for 18 years and it still brings excitement.? I am looking forward to riding it this year for a change as Ellen Tully is taking over as manager.? Ellen didn't know what she was bargaining for when she moved here from New Jersey!? We are looking forward to seeing everyone!

Sue Greenall
www.vermontel.com/~greenall