Re: [RC] hay in hind gut//Frankfurters in Fore Gut - Beverley H. Kane, MD

Title: Re: hay in hind gut//Frankfurters in Fore Gut
I had been skeptical of the alleged capacity of a horse’s hind gut.
Then I rec’d this article in today’s New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Wiener-Wars.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Takeru Kobayashi, 27, a 160-pound wonder from Japan, set a new record by devouring a sickening 53 3/4 frankfurters in 12 minutes to win the annual Independence Day hot dog eating competition on Coney Island. ... Kobayashi, a top-ranked eater [in international competitive eating], once ate 17.7 pounds of pan-seared cow brains to win $25,000.”

Do the math. 80 lbs is 9% of a 900 lb horse. 17.7 lbs is 11% of a 160 lb man.

Bon appetit

Beverley

Beverley Kane, MD
Horsensei Equine-Assisted Learning & Therapy
Woodside, CA
http://www.horsensei.com