From: RISTREE@xxxxxxx
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 08:58:51 EDT
Subject: [RC] Back-to-back 100s -- what's too soon?

It was just a year ago that I was attempting to get thru my first 100, but it is safe to say that I'm now addicted and that my big guy, Ned, has found his niche.

So for those of you who have, or do ride more than one 100 a year, or are riding primarily 100s, how long do you leave between 100 mile rides?

Ned finished the Pine Tree on 6/24, and I'm contemplating the Wolverine on 8/5.  That's six weeks, and seems to be the minimum between rides (assuming the horse is bouncing back well, and he is) from what some of my experienced 100-mile riding friends are saying.   The horse will be getting tortured with dressage and some easy hacks between now and then.

Thoughts on this topic?

Thanks.
Stagg Newman
McKinsey Advisor to Global Telecom Practices
1-202-250-3605 - NC Office
1-202-662-0958 - DC Office and McK vmail
1-202-669-3248 - Cell
information.  If you are not the addressee or authorized to
receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy,
disclose or take any action based on this message or any
information herein.  If you have received this message in
error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation.