Re: [RC] [RC] Run-in Sheds - Cheryl

I live in western New York, about 25 miles se of Buffalo.

I just recently did some 'remodeling' in the barn, and my two horsekids went
from stalls and an overhang off the end of the barn, to a run-in with
dimensions of 36 ft w x 40 ft d. I essentially split the barn in half, w/
hay and tack/equipment in the east end stalls. The alley is gated off and
the horses have the second half. They enter from the north or east, and go
into the shed. Weather cannot directly enter the shed from any direction.
There are three windows each north and south. I have sliding doors in case I
need to close things off completely. When I removed the stall fronts, I left
the dividing wall standing for feeding separation. The barn is a full three
stories high, with a 72 l x 36 w footprint, masonry block and wood. Shed
depth is very important, as well as height and width. My shed ceiling height
is 11 feet. Here is an illustration, the dash lines are s'posed to be solid
: o.....

_____shed end_____
I                  I                   I overhang (now walled off most of
length)
I                  I                   I
I                  I                   I             I
I                                      I             I
I                  shed entry /              I        E
I                sliding doors              I
I                                      I             I