[RC] Standing wraps - Equus Wolf

<<<<<<BUT, if you wrap, KNOW HOW TO DO SO CORRECTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Bad
wraps =
can do so much more damage than no wraps. I was also taught to never =
wrap with standing wraps without the quilts.

Jonni in TX>>>>>>>>

A vet (and several other horse people) told me years ago that if you use standing wraps without the quilts, you can cut circulation, damage tendons and prevent mobility.  Well made standing wraps have no give to them.  They are made to be used with the quilted wraps or softer layer underneath to provide "padding" for circulation, mobility, cushioning for the tendons etc :)   That is why polo wraps have so much more give to them and can be used without quilted wraps.  They are stretchier, and used correctly do not require anything extra.  Shipping boots with velcro provide no support.  They are primarily to keep a bathed horse's legs clean and prevent them from scratching or bruising their legs on the trailer or themselves and that is it - not supporting the bone or joint structures from concussion and jarring from road movement while in the trailer.
Jen in SC

Do you Yahoo!?