[RC] Garlic Fly Spray - Teri

Has anyone tried using the fly spray mixture below.   I have read stories to use garlic in feed as a natural fly repellent but there are some very controversial articles out there about feeding garlic.  Right now it is fly season and I would love to try and keep the flies as much off my horses as possible.  I muck but that does not always help all the time.  They are housed in a paddock.

1.      Mix one part crushed garlic to five parts water. Shake the mixture and leave overnight. Strain and pour liquid into a spray bottle.