[RC] Heart monitor placement - Kathleen

Title: Heart monitor placement

I place the second patch back under my leg on the opposite side as the girth patch.  I have not had any pressure issues with it here nor have I ever had any problems with it not working properly.

I had a friend ride my horse on an LD this spring and she placed the patch in the dip behind the shoulder as you describe and in 30 miles it galled my mare she lost all the hair on that spot and it is growing in white.  She also got poor readings but I didnt realize why until I saw her untack the mare at the end of her ride.  I guess another lesson from this is to be very specific in directions when we let others ride our horses.  I had already left on the 50 and didnt see her tack the mare up before the ride.

Kathleen