[RC] Riding at night - Angie Fura

Hi Ridecamp - I'm thinking about hosting an informal clinic for riding at night so that my friends and I can get experience riding in the dark before we attempt a moonlight or 100-miler.   I'd like to offer an unsanctioned fun-ride style event with two loops starting at 7:00pm.  Before we set off, I envisioned a lecture/discussion on helpful information about nighttime tips and techniques.  Ideally, I'd love to have an experienced moonlight rider or 100-miler there in person to present the info.  But if that's not possible, a hand-out with the information would do.

If you have experience in this area, would you please forward me any advice you have?   I'm looking for tips on what works, what to avoid, pitfalls, and best practices.  I'd like to cover all aspects of riding at night including how/when to sleep for a moonlight ride to where to buy the best glow sticks.  I'd like to put everyone's feedback into a powerpoint to use as a handout.

I can be reached at tracetribute at yahoo dot com.

Angie Fura
Co-Manager of the Trace Tribute
www.tracetribute.com

Do you Yahoo!?