[RC] Tevis Webcast, Tank and Endurance Guides and Angie's book - TypeF \(Jackie Floyd\)

Dear Newsgroups:

This is just an update to let you know that it appears the Tevis webcast should go off without a hitch. Lindy Young and I met on Friday to see if her new database and my new software for building web pages from databases would like each other and yes, it appears they do! So I am off to construct templates and do some testing in the next couple of days. For those of you that tune in to the Tevis webcast every year, things are scheduled to run smoothly. I'll be at net control from Friday 8/4 until Sunday 8/6 and plan on having my LQ in the Overlook parking lot so I can crash for a few minutes once in awhile. I have a couple of people who will be spotting me and LOTS of great volunteers who will be out in the field on their laptops reporting in so that you can make sure you know where your rider is.

Several newsgroupers have emailed me asking about Tank's status ... at the moment, there is none. I have been completely tied up with mothers on both sides of the family. Jim's is in a rehab center and mine is in the late stages of Parkinson's and has cancer besides. Tank has been sitting on the sidelines, along with my five other horses, while I attend to family business.

Which leads me to my next comment ... I've had absolutely no time to advertise or sell Endurance Guides in the last several months. Paddi Sprecher of Canadian Trail House was gracious enough to have them in her booth at the Western Horse Expo ... THANK YOU, Paddi!!!

I'm putting them on Summer Blow-Out Special for the remainder of the year. I plan on putting out a new edition in March of 2007. Until then, all copies sold will be at $15.95 (Reg. $24.95) to clear out the rest of the stock. Updates are FREE anytime you want them until the new edition is printed, as I update on a weekly basis. Just email me at info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and I'll ask you the secret question and files will be sent!

"The Ligher Side of Endurance Riding" by Angie McGhee is on the front burner and being finished. Angie is on summer vacation from school and by golly ... we aim to complete this durned project one way or the other before she turns into a pumpkin again and puts her teaching hat back on! Stay tuned for when/where/how you can buy one or even advertise in it!

I hope to get back out there riding before the end of the year, but don't think I'll have enough time to condition to attend a competition. So please everyone, ride a few miles of your trails for me. And if you get a few minutes, send me an email and let me know how the ride was. I can live vicariously through all of you!

:) Jackie Floyd