Re: [RC] [RC] Garmin Forerunner 205 reviews - MarisR

I agree.  I've noticed much better reception on the 305 than the earlier models, and it finds the satellites and is ready to go much faster than the older units.one word of minor complaint, however.  The HRM receiver inteh watch part of the 305 does not work with any of the Garmin earlier untis.  I was hoping to put the transmitter from the 301 on the saddle for one horse, and the 305 on the other, and use the one receiver for both, but no such luck,  You need to set up the transmitter with the electrode wires for the 305 and use the receiver for the 305, and use the transmitter and receiver for the older units separately.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, chocolate in one hand and wine in the other, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --WOW-- what a ride !! "

Maris Ramsay