RE: [RC] US Chef d' Equipe Announcement - heidi

Bingo, kat.

Even if this change WAS in the works prior to the announcement of the short list, and even if there is no impropriety here, there is still a considerable appearance of impropriety that puts a taint on the entire process, the people involved, and on the reputation of our squad.  If the USEF can't figure this out, Valerie should have been able to--shame on you, Val.

Heidi

From: "John Teeter" <johnt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Although nothing official from USEF yet, I understand
> Valerie Kanavy has been appointed the Chef d' Equipe
> for US Endurance. She has removed herself from the
> US Endurance Team Alternates List to accept the possition.
> An announcement will be forthcoming I suspect.

Well....if the USEF doesn't make an official announcement soon,
speculation that the reason for Tom Johnson being replaced was that
Valerie Kanavy wasn't selected for the long list is just going to be
fueled further. In fact, they may have already left it until too late
because it is possible that any official announcement they come up with
now will get put under the heading of "lame excuse."

OBVIOUSLY the reason cannot have anything to do with "the USEF has big
plans to develop a national training center and a young riders program"
as these plans only have anything to do with the approach to FUTURE
competitions.

...unless, of course, the reason was that the people who want to make
this change for the USEF approach to international endurance
deliberately wanted to sabotage the current US Team's efforts in Aachen
in order to provide justification doing it in this new and different way
in the future.

kat
Orange County, Calif.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=