[RC] Psoas muscle - Diane

I would suggest looking into engaging your psoas muscles.  They are deep muscles that connect into the tissue where the spine and diaphragm come together.  They are the bridges between the upper body and legs.  They flex your thighs at the hip enabling you to raise your knees, thus lifting your feet off the ground.  Tom Nagel has written a book about using these muscles.  He comes to MI about once a year.  You can look at his website at www.zenandthehorse.com.   My friend and teacher has told me that correctly using these muscles is the missing link for breathing and riding and being soft.  Just a thought.
Diane MI