Re: [RC] Shoeing...Xrays... - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Ok, the main thing is , that the horse is the one to benifit, not the farrier.

Said, and stated, as a true farrier.

MARYYG@xxxxxxx wrote:
In a message dated 6/15/2006 5:46:09 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, hilander623@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Angie,
My one piece of advice to you is.... the shoer must do as you ask or get rid of him.
If he/she needs you business they will do what is asked; no matter the shape of the feet, varus or valgus form of the lower legs and conformation of your horse(s). No questions asked and no rebuttals.

 A team, consisting of the  client, farrier and vet will have conversations in a manner that will benefit the horse(s); not someone's ego.

 Farrier for Angie McGhee many times,

 Jaye Perry

Most farriers will work with you on what you want. If they don't, fire their butt! You told us about the nickel, and he should have done as you asked... you pay him! I mean, if you want your horse to have heart shaped hooves because he/she moves better, then that farrier should make those hooves heart shaped... period. (This is just a made up thing, folks, I know that heart shaped hooves don't do well, flowery shaped ones do!)  I am also with you on the nice truck thing... he probably was expensive. Anyways, good luck to you!!!!
Sabrina