[RC] Sunday rides and what day of the week is it anyway??? (I wear a watch that tells me) - Mary Ann Spencer

Interesting thread.  HOWEVER,  the calendar was set up for other reasons than just 'church'.  Lots of our reasons for things are related to one's religious orientation.  As a shift worker, the only reason for me to notice which day of the week it is, is to know where I show up when.  Our culture has become a 24/7 one.  Those that have the luxury of a normal 5 day week have the ability to have a 'sunday'.  I have worked some many holidays and sundays that the day of the week has much less meaning that when I grew up.   I have seen multiday rides that have rides on sundays.  Each person can decide if they want to ride on sunday.

Are there that many on here that do nothing on sundays that they would not attend a ride due to religion??

I am one of those who get almost no sleep the friday before the Sat ride.  Many go home right after the Sat ride.  Many wait and recuperate on sunday.  I have done only the sunday ride of a mulitiday ride.  Yes, there were fewer riders but that is because most rode on saturday.

Many already stay over thru Monday to drive back less tired.  Just takes prior planning.

I have problems getting the weekends off to do a ride.  Sometimes sunday rides would work better.

If I lived in a crowded large metroplex, it might make a decision as to whether I go.  HOWEVER, those are things we factor in no matter what day of the week it is.

If someone wants a sunday ride, I think it would eventually catch on.  I also think there are so many variables with each rider, it is difficult to really get concrete answers.  Perhaps a better question would be to the riders known to do that ride:  Would u rather have it on Sat or Sun????  With enough preplanning of one's ride schedule, seems it would not matter.

Personnally, when I drive thru cities like Atlanta, GA, I plan to go when there is less traffic.   3 am is a great time to drive thru Atlanta..........IMHO.  ; >)