[RC] Fear of Heights - Tom Sites

I admit having this fear.  My Grandfather rode a Harley w/ leathers in the early 50's in southern WVa.  He'd go around the mines and drinking halls and espouse the "Eternal Hell Fire and Brimstone" to these sinning miners.  Me being a sensitive young boy wanted to be a Minister like my Grandfather, who scared me w/ his rantings and ravings, but i thought he was cool but started having these nightmares of falling....and not just a small little fall, but  from Heaven.  You never fell so far unless you fell from Heaven.  Thank God, i never hit bottom.

1997.... a payback from Bruce Burnham to ride Buster at the last Outlaw Trail.  Knowing i have a fear of heights i took the ride.  There are some slick rock and other heights i just had to 'TRUST' Buster cause you could fall off that thing. And when i saw a horse rear and slip my heart went to my foot.   I did and i came back over my fear of heights and i thank Bruce and Buster for showing me Heaven was alright and i had nothing to fear.

Horses are wonderful critters aren't they?  ts