Re: [RC] Nervous or Crazy - Jonni

----- Original Message -----
From: "Barbara McCrary" > This is the kind of trail that gives me panic
attacks.  If it were short  enough that I could get off and lead my horse, I
might manage it, but if it  were too long to walk, forget it.  I have
completed Tevis 3 times and don't  need to do it again, just so I can be
scared out of my wits.<<<

In 2004 I was on a horse that was tripping a lot. This horse had done many
rides in the past, including some 100's before we got him. A been there,
done that horse. But  I was not having fun riding him over some of the trail
sections, and was not looking forward to riding him in the dark. I just did
not trust him to not trip and fall, and indeed, had some fears all day . So,
when we  got pulled at Foresthill, and did not have to ride off into the
darkness, I was not that disappointed, and was somewhat relieved.  Last year
I was on a much less experienced horse, but he was  so "on". He was handling
everything perfect, sure footed, just an awesome, awesome ride. I never had
any fear with him, even over some of the very technical trails, or those
like the photos showing Pucker Point and the drop off's. And even when he
actually tripped once, in the dark, and went off the side of the trail on
the CA loop, I was never, ever scared with him.

I think that is often so much of how fearful we may or may not be. A really
good solid horse, that you feel secure with , and "one" with can take away
some of those fears. And I can not WAIT to see the Tevis trail again! I love
that trail!

Last years Tevis story is here for those bored. In 3 parts, in a yahoo group
format:

Jonni in TX