Re: [RC] Saddle fit/ leathers - Equus Wolf

Agreed!!
I lengthen my stirrups for arena work (dressage work) two holes.  Normal conditioning length one hole up from that, and jumping two holes up from dressage length and faster work the same as jumping length (no way am I doing cantering and uphill work in longer stirrups - there are certain bones in the anatomy that bruise way too easily for that! not to mention hitting that pommel if your horse changes gears puts pressure on the horse that shouldn't be there)
Happy riding!
Jen in SC

rides2far@xxxxxxxx wrote:
. I've been riding in the same Syd Hill for several years,
> on > the same two horses with nary a problem.
> > I stopped and shortened my leathers a notch. BINGO! I was back in
> the > middle of my horse again!

I'm amazed at people who adjust their leathers once and they stay at that
height forever. I adjust mine for practically every ride according to how
fast I'm riding. If it's a slow ride I like them about 1/2" longer. If
it's *competition* they're usually much shorter since that's when they
hit their "turbo only in competition trot". I've heard people say, "I
can't post that trot" and just wonder if they never got their stirrups
set just right for *that* trot. Since I ride an OF and there are no
"holes" I find myself wanting them 1/4" longer or shorter and it making a
big difference. How anyone can make it with the western leathers with 2"
between holes is beyond me.

Angie