Re: [RC] Beans - Karen Lynd

This is a timely discussion for me.  I was at an organized pleasure ride this last week and an old timer told me that I needed to clean my horse's "shed."  Since his stall was clean, and we weren't standing by it anyway, I looked for other meanings.  I asked, "do you mean his sheath?," and the old-timer just gave me a blank look.  I finally resorted to euphamisms for his private parts (my gelding's, not the old-timer's) and we finally came to a meeting of the minds.  It was a little embarrassing, to say the least, but the old-timer was right.  My gelding is a little crusty down there.  Also, the old-timer just told me to just stick a gob of vaseline up there, and thank goodness there was no mention of beans!  I didn't know him well enough to have that discussion!!!

So, a question.  Some of you have mentioned hosing with warm water.  I don't have access to a source of warm water to hose from (what do you have, a hot water heater in the barn?), so how upset is my gelding when he gets a squirt of cold water in his "shed"?  And how hard is he going to kick me when I squirt him there?

I am looking for a very long glove ... and per that article posted, I am going to stock up on KY jelly.  I don't think I will able to look the store clerk in the eye!!

Not looking forward to this at all!
Karen Lynd