Re: [RC] Saddle fit - Equus Wolf

Hi Angie,
The saddle being too small (what a difference a half inch can make!) was making me tilt my pelvis forward which was keeping me off balance and too forward in the saddle over the tree points creating pressure points.  Guess I needed to be more clear.  Apologies!  Now my weight is more balanced on my seat bones when needed, or for posting etc.  And I find that my seat bones and my knees KILL me if I ride on trail with other folks off the farm that don't condition and don't trot out enough.  I don't have this problem when my friend that rides endurance and I ride just the two of us.  Of course, my horse gets aggravated too and constantly does the nose push "Can we go now, can we go now?" *laugh*  Cashel tush cushion is awesome!  Gets that pressure right off those seat bones by the way :)  I have a chipped tail bone from an injury (galloping bareback, horse fell, I flew, landed on a rock at 10yrs old) and that Cashel tush cushion is my savior - gel pad that was given to me fell apart after 3 10mile training rides)
Happy riding!
Jen in SC

rides2far@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> I learned this the hard way. I changed from a 17.5in to an 18in
> in the exact same saddle, same size tree and all of my saddle fit
> issues were solved. Once again, I was sitting on my seat bones and
> not tilting foward, which was putting too much pressure on the tree
> of the saddle causing pressure points. I

You consider it bad not to be "tilting forward"? There is no doubt that
I sit on my seat bones. My saddle seat has two hollowed out indentations
where my seat bones are. Howver, that has me balanced over my feet. When
i had a saddle I leaned forward in my lower back killed me! My horse
never has a problem with pressure points (OF Express) but now that I have
completely ridden the cush out of my seat's padding I will get pressure
sore problems directly on my seat bones if I have to ride at a walk for
an extended time. No problem doing 100 at a trot though.

Angie