[RC] saddle fitting info - Dawn Simas

"Saddle Fitting from A to Z"
This is the new DVD put out by Dr. Kerry Ridgeway.  (he's a friend, I'm not making any $$ here...)  I highly recommend it.  He is one of the early vets in endurance in the 60's, he designed the "Ridgeway Trot" now known as the CRI, vetted int'l competitions later, pioneered accupunture and chiropractics in equine athletes, and found that saddle fit was the cause of a lot of pain issues.  He discusses how to tell when the saddle fits when the horse is moving (most don't) and explains that the saddle is a "static" device sitting on a "dynamic" platform.  Most fitting info doesn't go into that in my experience.  And he explains from a vet's perspective, how the conformation of a horse from the hoof up can effect the fit (if they are not symmetrical).  And how the rider can effect the fit/pressure points (if the saddle doesn't fit you).  Very informative!

Dawn